Prepare your Home for a Winter Move
Most families chose to move in the summer. However, if your clients are looking for the lowest moving rates of the year, they should consider relocating sooner than later.
Don’t worry about the snow. Our vendor partner, Olympia Moving & Storage, always perseveres through whatever Mother Nature throws our way. If you move on a snowy day, here are a few simple steps to expedite the move and keep the crew safe:
1. Keep in touch with your movers: If you know some brutal wintery conditions are coming your way, feel free to call your moving coordinator with your concerns.
2. Shovel before the crew arrives: Our crew members are more than happy to do all the necessary shoveling for you, but adding the task of shoveling adds time and money to your move. If you want to avoid those charges, it’s best to get rid of the snow before the truck arrives.
3. Salt the pathways: It is extremely important for the crew to keep their balance while they are carrying your precious furniture in slippery and icy conditions. The crew will bring salt, but the sooner the pathways are salted, the sooner it is safe for the crew to start loading the truck
4. Turn down the heat: As the crew comes in and out, the door will be open to the cold air for a good portion of the move. It’s uncomfortable for the bundled up movers to come into a toasty house from the cold. Additionally, you will save a little bit of money!
5. Floor protection: Snow, mud, slush, and salt can lead to a mess under movers’ boots. Therefore, in the winter, Olympia always put down extra floor protection to protect your home from a mess. If you have extra mats, put them by the door to help the crew clean their boots before entering your home.
6. Go for a Dunkin’ Donuts run. It will help you stay warm, and chilly movers will never say no to warm coffee!