There’s Only One Reason Why Your Home Didn’t Sell
Is It As Simple As the Price? Many Times, It’s Not
No matter what town, city, state or province in the United States or Canada you are in, there is only ONE REASON why a home does not sell: Marketing. That’s right—the only reason a home does not sell is due to ineffective marketing. Overall marketing is the overall reason.
Far too often, when a home does not sell, many real estate agents point to price alone as the reason. I believe there are many other factors involved. If you are a seller of an expired listing, I’m sure you will agree.
But What About Price?
While, technically, it may be true that any home can sell if the price is lowered enough, the agent you select should represent a more nuanced, diagnostically comprehensive understanding of why homes, in general, do not sell. Conversely, one-dimensional, price-only thinking is a convenient excuse for those agents who lack the necessary skills to effectively market a home.
Many well-informed home sellers agree with my perspective that there are many other key factors beyond price that contribute to their home not realizing the desired results, such as:
- Ineffective marketing (advertising, et al.)
- Inadequate merchandising (staging)
- Insufficient networking
- Unsuccessful negotiating
- Lack of information technology
Don’t Overlook Price, Though
We can’t ignore that price is one of the many vital marketing factors that influence the sale of your home. As you re-evaluate the proper pricing strategy for your home, I will provide you with an updated market analysis of your home. It will detail the current pricing trends for your overall marketplace, including:
- Days on the market for properties in your specific price range
- The list-to-sales price ratios for homes that have sold (the more recent the better)
- Square footage cost
- The number of price reductions or, where applicable, the number of price increases
- The number of homes currently active in your price point
- Any other information that I think relates to selecting the proper price
If you are a seller of an expired listing, call me today. My marketing plans are the most innovative and technologically advanced than any Realtor in your area. I can guarantee it.
Call Laurie Randazzo at 617-512-4581 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org